Monday, November 26, 2012

Holiday Post Cards

There's just something about vintage images that draws me in and get my creative juices flowing.  The other day I found two large stamps with vintage holiday images at Michaels.  I know I stood there for about five minutes with my mind imagining all the ways I could use those stamps.  Anyway, the post card stamp in its entirety is the one with the houses in the middle.  I used markers to ink the stamp so as to use multiple colors.

But to take it a step further and get more use from the stamp, I inked the outside images in Handsome Hunter and then the inner circle in a red shade and stamped that portion onto a blank card front.  Then I inked portions of other stamps to fill the inside of the "post card frame" that I first stamped. 

The second stamp I purchased that day at Michaels was the large flying Santa, swooping down to land on a housetop (or make a U-turn if you were bad and he by-passed you...ha ha).  The post card with the "big buck" is using one of the stamps from the old retired Noble Deer set, which I use for all seasons and occasions.  And the last image is what I call the Norwegian church.  That stamp has trees also, but I also added a few small ones here and there to fill in the oval and give it some depth to look like a deep forest.  I added lots of glitter onto the Norwegian church scene.

The images are of an old post card, but this is actually a card front with a greeting inside.

 
TIP: On some of the cards I lightly sponged an
oval shape in Pool Party ink before stamping the
post card images.  I think it just adds to the
wintery look and made the center image really
stand out.  The sponging is optional, but I seem
to love getting my fingers inky....anyone for
green fingers?