Friday, November 23, 2012

This One's for Liz

This is for Liz in Houston who sent the nicest e-mail "Guess Who's Back".  I had to chuckle because that could be a good thing or it could be kinda like a bad cold that keeps returning (just kidding Liz).  I'm glad to be back with projects.  This blog will include all types of projects.  I will continue to show stamping projects, but I like to take them to the next level so you can get creative and let your imagination take flight. 

Anyway, for Liz and all the SU gals here's a slightly different take on use of the stamp set and accompanying dies "Ornament Keepsakes" that SU has available at this time.  As usual I was experimenting to see what I could come up with mixing and mixing and layering and layering until finally I came up with.....well not really a ponsettia and not a snowflake, but they are very pretty and I guess a hybrid.  I am planning to use them on gift packages. 

They are so easy to make.  Just stamp and die cut, using not only stamped images but also papers (including some striped shiny gold gift wrap).  To make them sturdy I used a hot glue gun, alternating between peaks and valleys. 

CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE

For those with kids, this would be a fun project, but I would advise that you limit the assembling using a hot glue gun to adults only.  Even so, I usually end up with a blister or two.  It seems if I don't have ink on my fingers, I'll have a boo boo or two from a hot glue gun. 



CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE

If you are not familiar with SU (Stampin Up) then you must check them out.  Each year they are chosen THE BEST in many categories of craft supplies.  And colors.....well I encourage stampers and crafters to get a little wild and out of your comfort zone.  You might just be surprised how you react to color.