Monday, November 12, 2012

Sugar Plum Fairy Kisses

I'm not one to have only one holiday theme, although I do try to separate the themes around my home.  Every year it's just not Christmas without my seeing the Nutcracker Suite, at least one or two times.  I found a version last year that is now one of my alltime Nutcracker Suite renditions.  The Nutcracker Suite - The Movie, brought out all my childhood memories and daydreams about dancing sugar plum fairies, Claire, The Nutcracker, King Rat, and all the other cast of characters.  The new movie version is not just a ballet, but rather it would also be entertaining for those not drawn to ballet.  This version also has a narrator which takes you along through the story, for those not familiar.  For those who appreciate the grandeur of Victorian Christmases of long ago, you might want to sit down and put all those distractions far away, and take in all the rich and vivid characters in The Nutcracker Suite. 
My front door, my dining room and kitchen are the areas I decorate with Sugar Plum Fairy theme.  Lots of sparkle, softer tones of pinks, purples, lavendars, greens with lots of berries and layering, oh and of course...those Sugar Plum Fairies!  CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE.






TIP:  When making a focal point or vigniette, I like variations in height.  Pull out those large chunky candlesticks and they make the perfect pedestals that will put your decorations up higher and give them the attention they deserve.  Note the fairies all have their own little pedestals!  And don't forget to decorate those chandeliers and lighting fixtures.