Monday, December 3, 2012

Been Naughty...or Nice?

Santa wants to know!  And remember, he knows if you've been bad or good....so be good for goodness sake!

This project is a matchbook that I measured and designed to fit the Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark squares that you can only find during the holidays.  The Santa image is one of my alltime favorites....I just love his rosy cheeks and that wink of his eye!  Afterall, he is the jolly old elf himself!

My photos are not the best, because there is glitter on Santa's fur hat band and the furry ball on his hat that do not show in the photo.  I heavily sponged Pool Party ink around Santa's beard and on the fur but they don't show up as well as I would like.  If you make this project, do not be afraid to add sponged shading in pool party or another soft greenish-blue tone.  My goal was to make this a vintage looking project so I stamped Santa Claus at a diagonal across his beard.  I love to look at old post cards and you will often find an ad or wording placed on top of an image. 

The matchbook is decorated inside and out.  The inside flap states "Santa's official Nice List Declaration from North Pole Documentation and then there are places to check off if you've been naughty, or nice.

The backside says Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas Now.  As a little extra touch I stamped a miniature Santa and his sled and reindeer on the part of the flap that gets stapled and which holds the top flap down.  Just add a strip of dimensional tape or sticky strip to hold the candy treat in place.  For measurements and instructions, just send me an e-mail and I can answer it probably next week.

I am as busy as an elf right now in getting ready for the Mountainside Church's yearly holiday show on this coming Saturday in Hot Springs Village.  It's the only show I do and it has been a tradition that I put on the calendar so my friend, Lynda Boone and I can get caught up on our time together, chat about what's happened during the year, etc. etc.  Lynda is one of those wonderful women who is a friend to everyone and a mentor to all the young folks.  Lynda is a member of that church and has been involved in so many projects and programs in that church.

Closed match book, inside flap, backside of matchook



I know some of the ladies in HSV follow this blog and I hope to see some of you on Saturday.  Anyone else in the central Arkansas area would enjoy the drive down Hwy. 5 to HSV on Saturday so it would make for a nice outing.  For directions just send me an e-mail request and I'll share details and directions.

So back to the question.....Have you been naughty or nice????