Thursday, December 6, 2012

Winter Wonderland in the Meadow

The Papertrey In the Meadow stamps and dies are a perfect fit to make a stair step card.   There are other sets that would be good to use to make stair step cards....let your imagination be your guide.   I've used many SU sets in the past...perfectly sized to coordinate with each other, etc.

Click on photo to enlarge for details


Again I'm using some of my favorite holiday colors: Handsome Hunter Green, Pool Party (sponging) and Poppy Parade for the wording Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.  I find I keep going back to that same saying a lot this year.

To make the stair step card cut a piece of cardstock 5 1/2" x 10 1/2"; score on the long side at 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 4 1/4", 6" and 8 1/4".  Fold so the card forms peaks and valleys.  Decorate as you wish.  The stair step card is a great shape for any occasion....birthday, Valentine's Day, or even just thinking of you card.

Middle and Top Sections of card

I would love to post a copy of your stair step cards...don't be shy!  Right now everyone is busy readying for the holidays so when and if you do make this type of card just send me a photo for the blog.  I'll feature some different folds for cards this coming year so you card makers stay tuned. 



Side view of stair step card

HO HO HO....Christmas is coming! Bring out the stockings, mistletoe, garlands and get ready for the fun and fellowship.   While enjoying the festivities, remember the reason for Christmas...the birth of Christ, the most important gift to the world.  Enjoy your day!