Friday, December 14, 2012

Who's That In My Bed?

Oh, wait a minute....that's from Goldilocks and the Three Bears.  But Santa, "what big feet you have!"....oh that may be from Little Red Riding Hood!

I'm posting a few pictures today to emphasize two things:  Have fun and don't be afraid to add  a little whimsey to your home and your life.  It makes life fun and brings out the child in us.  This Santa (Jolly Old Elf) turns up somewhere different just about each year.  One year he may be on the porch, holding a greeting sign.  One year he sat atop a stack of presents near the tree, as if he were on guard over them....no peeking!  This year he's adding a little whimsey to my bedroom.

My bathroom mirror....love using garlands!



I wanted to show two areas in your home that you may overlook in holiday decorating (your bedroom and bathrooms).  And I'm talking different holidays....maybe Valentine's Day or Halloween. 

The bed is an old English headboard and footboard.
It lends itself to decorate and takes a little of the "stuffy" out of it when you add something fun or decorative to it.  And the bathroom mirror....well, it needs a little magical touch also.  I find decorating mirrors adds so much POW and sparkle to the room. 



Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!